go natural with skincare
The skincare industry is filled with products that advertise they are super natural and and clean. But have you ever flipped over that bottle to read the ingredients… because many brands still incorporate chemicals that no one knows how to pronounce. In the last year, I’ve made a promise to myself that I would do my best to switch as many of my skincare products over to homemade mixtures so that I would know exactly what I am putting on my face.
So after the last year of covid and sitting at home, I have had quite a bit of time to research the best natural products for my skincare needs. I’ve come up with a list of my favourite natural products and how I use them to benefit me.
Top 3 Must Have Natural Products for Skincare:
- Unrefined Coconut Oil – Best for hydration and can be used all over body
- Tea Tree Oil – Great for dry scalp and fighting acne
- Witch Hazel – Helps eczema and reduces skin irritation
How I Use Them:
- Coconut Oil + Tea Tree Oil Hair Mask: Heat up 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a liquid and add 5 drops of tea tree oil then leave for 2-3 hours. If you suffer from dry scalp or need hair growth stimulation, throw away the Head & Shoulders as their shampoos don’t truly help fix dandruff and creates serious build up on the hair cuticle.
- Coconut Oil Face Mask: Rub oil in-between fingers to warm up and put all over face. Leave on for an hour for intense hydration. Stop spending all your money on hydrating face masks.
- Tea Tree Oil Acne Spot Treatment – Use a q-tip to apply oil on problem areas and leave overnight. Ditch that salicylic acid and $30+ bottles of acne solution that are often way too harsh. Check out all the benefits!
- Witch Hazel Toner – Check out my recipe from post on hydration tips for dry dry skin.
And those are all my favourite natural products and recipes I’ve found so far! Let me know your holy grail natural products and mixtures that will replace the highly processed, chemical filled products we use everyday.